Thursday, October 13, 2011


Beginning Spring 2012, any student wanting to take a non-repeatable class for the third time must submit a petition to the Dean of Enrollment Management online. For example, if you took ENGL-122 in Spring 2011 and withdrew with a W, then took it in Fall 2011 and received a D, you will have to submit a petition to take it a third time. Here is a link to the petition:

If you make a substandard grade or withdraw with a W the third time, you will have to submit an appeal in order to take the class a fourth time.

The reason for this change in policy is that the state of California has changed its law regarding repetition of classes, thus we must abide by the state's law.

If you have questions about this policy or others, please see me or another counselor.